We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment or "Screening Appointment" is free of charge and will consist of a clinical examination and a discussion of potential treatment options. This important 30-minute visit will give us better insight into your orthodontic needs.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we are only able to address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
For this reason, your second visit will be a diagnostic records appointment. The records include X-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. It is at this appointment that we discuss all viable treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any referral forms provided to you by your general dentist so they we may address any specific concerns they may have.
- Please have the proper online forms submitted prior to your visit.